Investiture Ceremony Acceptance Speech

School...It’s where we have the best and worst childhood memories; It’s the place where we learn the most – not only from teachers, but also from each other; It’s the first away-from-home experience we have. It’s more than just digesting huge chunks of information, it’s where we understand how to strike relationships with people, it’s the place where we first become independent, and start making our own decisions. And, so, when I first made the decision of assuming a leadership position in the seventh grade, I knew I had to be different from all the other leaders.


Hi, I’m Shreya, the School Prefect of the Gaudium. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of my classmates, friends, teachers, and other dignitaries that have given me this wonderous opportunity of representing our school. I’d also like to welcome the chief guest(s) and congratulate all of my friends that are being vested the authority to lead our school.


Let me tell you a little about the values that we as the student body believe in, that makes us unique. We believe in leadership that emphasizes on the power of working as a team, and not establishing superiority over the school. We believe in attending to the voices of the diverse group of individuals our school houses, and not pushing our opinions onto others.

Together, we aim to create a welcoming school environment that promotes positivity and active participation of students through a variety of activities like competitions, fundraisers, performances, and many others, organized by the students, for the students.


I personally believe that all of the prefects that are here today are fueled by the ideas and opinions of you, so I’d like to urge all of you tell us of your suggestions, as well as complaints, so we can make this year, a fun-filled, euphoric, and intellectually stimulating one.


Comments

Popular Posts