My Take on Meredith Fineman’s Brag Better

 Fineman begins her book by addressing her readers as the qualified quiet and often mentions how women are her target audience, as most of them cannot brag. Everyone, irrespective of their qualifications, gender, or quietness should read Brag Better: Master the Art of Fearless Self-Promotion.


 

No matter where you are in life, you’re likely to pick up some timeless hacks from this book. Fineman goes over resumes, LinkedIn, salary negotiations, and more. She talks about why you shouldn’t be afraid to brag without invalidating your belief systems and lists out actionable steps you can take to brag better.

The book has three main sections, and while a few parts like salary negotiations and how to get on TV weren’t relevant to me, I picked up quite a few helpful tips from here. Sometimes as I read the book, I felt as if Fineman was promoting her services a little more than I found ignorable, but hey, the book is called Brag Better, what else can you expect the author to do? 

Comments

Popular Posts