Harvard MUN Reflection

After celebrating the 73rd independence day of India, I and 13 others left for the Hyderabad International Convention Center, where we attended a Model United Nations Conference, organized and directed by Harvard University students. It was indeed an inspiring and enlightening experience that I shared with 1700 other students and teachers, from all over India, and much rather, the world.


My committee (there were 13 others) was stimulating the United Nations General Assembly, more specifically the Special Political and Decolonization Committee, and I represented the interests of my country, Cuba. Throughout the 4 day duration of the conference, I was not Shreya, a student at The Gaudium School, but a diplomat and a leader, tasked with solving the world’s greatest problems.


It was a great event, one which saw a series of eye-opening sessions, like leadership forums, and national discussions. I got to interact with students all over the world and talked to Harvard students who saw life through a different eye lens than we do. I got to exercise my leadership skills, team-building ability, writing artistry, as well as several other knacks.


Comments

Popular Posts