Why I Love to Bake

 I'm incredibly passionate about baking. The sense of achievement that comes from baking a sweet treat at home is very different from anything I've experienced before. It's not like acing a test or submitting a great report where I have done my best work. 

My cupcakes or donuts are not better than the store-bought kind. 9 times out of 10, they will either be comparable to or less tasty than my local bakery's food. Yet, it is an activity I deeply relish. 

I've realized, I don't need to be great at something to enjoy it. Just the catharsis I experience while whisking flour or sprinkling chocolate chips on a freshly baked cake is reason enough to bake my heart out. There's something about homemade delicacies from the heart that bring delight to everyone. 

Photo by Monika Grabkowska on Unsplash

My motivation to keep baking stems from that joy that my creations sprout. The triumphant feeling that I discover on successfully recreating a pastry my friends pointed out to me at dinner is one I cannot find elsewhere. When I scroll through my social media and find a delicious recipe, I immediately wonder, could I prepare that? What great fun it would be to do that! 

I primarily learn more about baking from outings with my loved ones and youtube videos. Occasionally, I scroll through recipes published by chefs I look up to, but most of the time, I revel in the wacky flavor combinations I come up with. That is why baking, for me, is not only about coming up with something that tastes delicious but also everything I do to get there.

Comments

Popular Posts